Qualification Criteria For Leasing
Before filling out an application, please review our list of criteria below. If you feel you met the criteria, please apply-because we would be happy to complete the rental process with you. Also if you have any questions or concerns that may affect your application, feel free to discuss them with us.
A completed and signed application from all proposed occupants over the age of 18 must be submitted. ALL LINES MUST BE FILLED IN. Incorrect or misinformation will disqualify you as a prospective renter.
- A $45.00 screening fee in cash, cashier’s check or money order for the purpose of running credit and eviction reports is required with each application.
- You must have a credit report that demonstrates a willingness to pay financial obligations in a timely fashion.
- You must provide photo I.D. We require a photo I.D.-Driver’s license. (Note: Military cards are not accepted).
- You must have no records of eviction.
- We require favorable responses from references and previous landlords.
- Employment History and Sufficient Income: We require monthly income of 2.5 times the amount of your monthly rent. Income must be verified through tax records.
- Rental History must be verifiable from unbiased sources. If you are related by blood or marriage to one of the previous landlords listed, or your rental history does not include at least two previous landlords, your application may be declined, or we may require a qualified co-signer on your rental agreement. Qualified co-signers must meet all screening criteria plus make 3 times the amount of rent.
- You will be denied if you have a conviction for any type of crime that would be considered a threat to real property or the ability of other residents to peacefully enjoy the premises.
- An upfront payment of approximately one month’s rent as a security deposit is required by cashier’s check or money order when signing a rental contract. (This amount may be greater depending on your credit history).
- We will accept the first qualified applicant.
- Please note that all of our properties are smoke-free. If you rent a house you must smoke outdoors. Even when smoking outdoors, if we receive complaints due to the close proximity of your yard, we will ask that you do not smoke on the property.
Required Information to Be Submitted with the Application:
- Your application screening fee of $45.00 for each applicant.
- Picture I.D. (see description above)
- Proof of Income: Current paystubs or an official letter from your employer on company letterhead should be attached to the application. For self-employed, 1099 applicants, your last two years of tax returns are required.